Day 10: Friday, October 18, 2024

Classroom Observation

    On this day, I woke up at 3.30 AM and I directly prepared my clothes for the observation. I went to the school at 5.30 AM by feet. Then, I directly went to the class number 310 to unlock it as yesterday ma’am Karen gave the classroom key to me. Then, I taught the first class, which was reading intervention. I only tested a student and I did cross check of students’ answer sheets. After that, I taught the other 4 classes about the elements of the story. They only required to continue yesterday’s group discussion and prepared themselves for the group presentation. The groups had various unique strategies in delivering their presentation. They would conduct the presentation on Monday next week. During the class, I approached the students, group by group to see whether there was a problem appeared during the discussion or they might have questions to ask. Some of them mostly had problem with their members, like there were members who did not coorporate for the upcoming presentation. From that situation, I observed ma’am Karen addressed the problem by calling out the students for a conversation. Then, they could continue their discussion again. On this day, they also got the report of their learning results. So, many parents came to school to take the report. After that, I went back to our dorm with my friends to perform prayer and to take a rest. It was an exhausting day for me. At 3 PM, the exchange SEA Teacher students from PNU who had comeback to Indonesia (Aly, Mona, and Jaira) visited our dorm. We cooked spaghetti bolognese for them. They told us their experience in Indonesia. They told us about their teaching practice as well as the city tour in Palembang and their challenges during the program. We shared a lot while eating the spaghetti. After that, when they went back, we played blind karaoke game in Karin and Kinan’s room. We guessed the karaoke song and sang it. We also had our dinner there by eating Pancit Canton that we bought at SM Mall. After that, at around 8.30 PM, we went to our room to sleep. That was about that day! I finally felt happy because in the next day, we didn't need to go to school due to weekend.

Comments