Day 15 & 16: October, 23 & 24, 2024

Walang Pasok in Manila due to Typhoon


    On these days, we didn't go to school due to the announcement about typhoon in Manila. In the 15th day, I only stayed at my dorm. In the morning, I woke up and we had a breakfast together. We ate fried rice for our breakfast. Of course, we cooked it rather than buying it. After having a breakfast, I continued my assignments. In the afternoon, I discussed about my teaching with my mentor virtually. Furthermore, on this day, I also tried to print papers for my teaching demo. Luckily, my friends from Philippine helped me printing out it. Therefore, I went out for a while heading to UN Station at around 5 PM to meet my friend and take my printings. After that, I went home for taking a rest. Actually, at night, my friends went to SM mall for a grocery shopping. Karin and I didn't join them. I didn't join them because I was really tired coming back from the UN station. So, during my friends went out, I went to Karin's room until my friends came back to the dorm. After that, I went to my room to sleep.

    In the 16th day, my friends told me that at the midnight when I was sleeping, there was a heavy rain with several thunderstorms. I didn't hear that as I was sleeping. However, at 2.30 AM, I suddenly woke up due to my phone alarm. Actually, I never set that kind of alarm because the tone of this alarm was quite different and quite big. When I opened my phone to turn off the alarm, I saw that it was not an alarm that I ever set. However, it was an alarm informing the emergency alert. It informed about the orange rainfall warning in Manila, in which there would be a possibility for a flood in the city. I think the heavy rain at the midnight as well as the alarm was due to the typhoon. After receiving the emergency alert, I saw my roommate was still sleeping. So, I also tried to continue my sleep. It was difficult for me to continue my sleep after that alarm. But, at the end, I could sleep. In the early morning on this day, I woke up again because I wanted to perform prayer. After praying, I took a bath and cleaned my bed. Then, I called my mom and informed her about the recent situation in Manila. We talked a lot in the phone. After calling her, my friends and I cooked Gulai Telur for our brunch. It was delicious even though its smell was similar to Pindang and Rendang. After having our brunch, we did the dishes. Soon after that, I came back to my room to practice my teaching. After practicing, I played my phone. Then, I took a rest for a while. At night, just like usual, we had our dinner together. After that, I went to sleep. Overall, on this day, we only stayed at our dorm due to the typhon.

Comments