Day 5,6, 7: Weekend and Days Off

 Days Off

    On the fifth day, October 13, 2024, we didn't have any schedule. So, we stayed at our dorm. I only worked on with my assignment from Unsri and did video call with my friends and my family in Indonesia. In the afternoon, I scrolled my social media and took a nap. In the evening, we went to Jollibee at SM mall for having dinner together. I ordered spaghetti for the dinner. The spaghetti was nice for me. After eating, we went back to our dorm by feet and cleaned up ourselves.

    On the next day, October 14, 2024, there was no class or teaching and learning activity in schools in Manila. It was due to Asia-Pasific Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (APMCDRR) which took place in Manila. Therefore, schools in Manila were closed for two days during the event. On this day, it was almost the same like the last day. I woke up earlier to perform praying. Then, I cleaned up my room and took a bath. I took a bath in the morning because I would like to do the laundry at the PNU hostel. After taking a shower, I sorted out my dirty clothes to be put into the laundry. Then, my friends and I gave our dirty clothes to the laundry room. After that, we cooked together at the kitchen for our brunch around almost 10 AM. We had rice, egg, kemplang, and getas for the brunch. It was so nice to have brunch together with my friends. After we had done, we did the dishes. Then, in the afternoon, we went to SM mall again to do shopping because some essential ingredients for cooking were out of stock. Of course, we went there by feet because it was not far. It only took around 10 minutes. For this day's shopping, I was the one who was in charge to pay the total amount of the shopping. It was because for buying anything outside, we planned to pay it alternately. So, if yesterday my friend paid the shopping, then for tomorrow, it would be the next another one to pay it in order to ease us to not count the exact amount we paid every single day. And for today's shopping, we bought a lot of things which we thought that it would be good for the next 2-3 days. We bought some vegetables, chicken nugget, tofu, sardines, potatoes, eggs, water, and snacks. I paid them for around 730 peso. Then, we took money from ATM before we went back to our dorm. I took 2000 peso for my savings for the next few days. Once we have arrived at the dorm, we cooked noodle because we were hungry. Then, we ate noodle together in my friends' room. After that, Faiza and I did the dishes. Then, we took a rest for few hours. At night, I had a Zoom meeting with my friends from Sriwijaya University, Indonesia to discuss about our group tasks that should be completed. After that, I slept.


    On the next day, October 15, 2024, there was still no schedule due to APMCDRR which was held in Manila. So, at this day, we only stayed at our dorm. In the morning, we had a brunch together at the kitchen. We cooked perkedel, a food from Indonesia from potato. We cooked it for 2 hours. We made many stocks for our late lunch or for the dinner. The taste was delicious. Then, we took our laundry in the lobby. We paid for 75 peso per person. After that, we went back to our room and we made our assignment from our university. Overall, for the day, I only stayed at our dorm. However, at night, my friends went out to search and try Balut. But after that, we went back to our own room to take a rest.

Comments