Day 27: Monday, November 4, 2024

Final Demo

    On this day, I woke up early as usual. Especially, on this day, I would like to do my final demo. I woke up at 3 AM. As soon as I woke up, I prepared many things, including the learning materials and clothes that I would like to wear. Then, I had my breakfast earlier at 3.30 AM to make sure that I didn’t feel starving during my final demo. After eating, I took a shower and got myself ready by 5.30 AM. On this day, I wore traditional clothes from my country. For the top, I used Kebaya. Kebaya is the traditional cloth from Indonesia, especially from Java Island. I used the semi-modern one. For the skirt, I used Songket. I used it because I really love Songket as it is a traditional cloth from Palembang. I decided to wear that because I wanted to represent my country, Indonesia especially Palembang to the Filipino students. Another reason why I wore that because I really loved my culture and both Kebaya and Songket are parts of our culture too. When I wore it, the Filipino students were amazed seeing me with the clothes. They said that I looked like different person when wearing it. They also said that the traditional clothes were beautiful. On this day, my final demo was in the Pythagoras class. At first, I thought that I would only teach a class only on this day, which was Pythagoras. But in fact, I was asked to still teach four classes: Einstein, Pythagoras, Gates, and Rizal. I arrived at Araullo at around 6 AM. Then, I directly went to the science building, the third floor, room ST 310. Ma’am Karen was already there when I came. Then, I directly prepared the stuffs that I used for the demo. I brought the visual aid from cartolina papers and sticked it on the whiteboard. Then, I was asked to teach the Einstein class first. I taught the class by also practicing for my final demo. After I taught the class, Ma’am Karen gave some feedbacks about how I taught Einstein class that were beneficial for my final demo. Afther that, it was the time for the observer to observe my final demo. My observer was Prof. Brono a.k.a Ma’am Cheers. Ma’am Cheers arrived on time. When she arrived, I started to teach the Pythagoras class. Honestly, I didn’t feel nervous at all. I also didn’t know why. When I performed my final demo of my teaching practice, I tried to implement the feedbacks given by my cooperating teacher prior to teaching the Pythagoras class. On the final demo, I only discussed about the characters, setting, problem, and solution of the story that they have read entitled “My Father Goes to Court”. Then, I asked them to perform their group activity that they had discussed in the last week whick was role play. So, I gave them a scenario about different conflicts for each group. Then, they had to resolve the conflict by using their own way without violation through role play. The two groups in Pythagoras class has performed their role play. After that, when the pythagoras class was finished, the observer moved to another class to ovserve my friend. Before she walked away, I gave her a Songket pouch that I brought from Palembang. Then, I continued to teach Gates and Rizal classes as I was asked by my mentor to handle them first. For Gates and Rizal classes, I only discussed about the text because they were not ready yet for the group activity. Once I finished teaching them, Ma’am Karen asked me to go to the faculty room to discuss about her observation of my final demo. From Ma’am Karen, I got a quite good score. I took some pictures together with her as this day was the last day for me meeting her in the school. I also gave her Songket bags and Songket pouch from Palembang as my gratitude. In my heart, I was sad knowing that I would leave her. She was really kind to me. She put a lot of effort for my teaching practice. She prepared some things for me. I couldn’t describe her more. Even a million words were not enough to describe her kindness. Honestly, I felt glad that I could meet and know her. Now, I can only pray all the best things would come to her life. I hope I could see her again in another chance. I also took many pictures with the classes that I taught. I felt hard leaving them but time should go on and forced us to separate. They will always have a special place in my heart. After I got the assessment result from my mentor, I waited for my friends to come back to our dorm together. Then, when I arrived at my dorm, I took a rest because it was really tiring. At night, I cooked and ate Seblak with my friends before sleeping.

    Words for today: I hope my mentors and all the students could remain and be success in the future. See you when I see you :)

Comments